December 23, 2013 by gemmalunn
This post is part of the fun ’11’ blog challenge, thanks to Josette LeBlanc, Kevin Stein and Ratnavathy for tagging me and thanks to whoever started the challenge as it has been a lot of fun and I’ve enjoyed getting to know the people behind the blogs better. I’m going to cheat a bit and rather than answer all the questions just pick a few from each blogger! I also haven’t asked any more questions or tagged anyone as I think everyone in my PLN has already been tagged! However, if you read this and haven’t been tagged yet then let me know and I’ll ask qs / tag you!
The blog challenge is as follows:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
11 random facts about myself
Not sure how random or interesting these are but anyway….
1. I love horse riding and have done since I was 5, I’ve never had my own horse and probably never will as sharing is much easier and cheaper! I currently share a lovely, sweet mare called Minuet.
2. I am very excited about this Christmas as I’ve spent the last 2 away from home in Korea so this year will be extra special.
3. When I was 19 I spent a month living on a ranch in Montana learning how to be a cowgirl.
4. I’m no good at sitting still for long or not doing anything.
5. My current guilty pleasure is the TV show – made in Chelsea!
6. I lived in Barcelona for a year without getting mugged / pick pocketed!
7. I’m feeling extremely proud of / motivated by my younger brother right now who has just got a distinction in his MA and is off to Guatemala in January to work for a human rights organisation.
8. Due to number 7 a trip to Central and South America in 2014 is now a possibility.
9. I crashed my car 3 times within the first month of passing my test, the worst of which was when I reversed into my dad’s car, I swiftly got out and ran away to my friends house for the evening! My dad says that month was the most stressful of his life!
10. I had a typewriter when I was young.
11. I should be writing assignments right not blogging but this is a welcome distraction!
- Do you prefer planes, trains, or automobiles when traveling?
Definitely trains, I have a bit of a fear of flying and have to take valium with me just in case of bad turbulence!
- Tea or coffee?
Tea, tea, tea!
- If you could spend a year focusing on research, what would you research? Why?
Next year I’ll be lucky enough to spend a good part of the year focusing on research for my MA dissertation. An area which I find extremely interesting and plan to focus on is looking at reasons behind differing levels of English among immigrants living in the UK.
- What’s your favourite word?
Aprovechar – it’s Spanish and means to make the most of…. I use this expression a lot in English and the fact that Spanish just has one word is much more convenient and it sounds better!
- How do you relax and wind down?
By going horse riding, for a run or doing yoga, but if I’m not feeling that energetic or healthy then a nice meal and wine!
- What irks you?
- What is your comfort food?
Chilli con carne.
- Ocean or mountains?
Mountains by the ocean!
- Where is the one place you’ve been to that you feel like you must get back to again?
I haven’t been back to Barcelona or Spain for a few years so would really like to go back next year.